Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cookies



So I decided to give my artistic director a box of home made cookies but can't make up my mind on what flavors. I was so excited after reading through my Martha Stewart's cookies book.  I thought to myself the more the merrier and I chose four varieties. 

Top left corner- Chocolate Almond Cookies
My mum 'stole' this recipe from my aunty. Apparently these Chocolate Almond Cookies were sold at some fancy upscale hotel in Singapore. And yes! You can use Chocolate Chips instead of almonds if you are allergic to nuts.

Top right corner- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
These cookies are so soft when they first come out of the oven and when cooled, they become chewy and nice.
I followed Martha Stewart's Cookies book.

Bottom left corner - Chocolate and Pistachio Biscotti
I used to frequent Olio Dome and they always serve their coffee and hot chocolate with a small piece of biscotti.  Nowadays, cafes sell many variety of biscotti and some are even coated with chocolate.
I followed Martha Stewart's Cookies book.

Bottom right corner- Sugar Cookies
So if its Christmas you use Gingerbread man cookie cutter. If its Valentine's Day you use a heart shaped cookie cutter. How easy can it be? These sugar cookies are so easy to make and look inviting both plain or with festively decorated with royal icing. 
I followed Martha Stewart's Cookies book.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, which one shall I have?? Can't make up my mind, I'll take all!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete