Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A need to move


Matters of the Heart - Centre Dance Ensemble @ Herberger Theatre
(Dancers - Jas L, Christa C & Lisa C)

My first encounter with dance was watching my elder sister perform at Victoria Theatre. She was wearing a blue leotard, baby blue tutu and blowing bubbles on stage. That vivid image stuck with me all these years. I have to move and I cannot stop moving.

I grew up studying ballet, tap and jazz. I just love to dance. I know that's my passion. Until one day, when I was asked to perform for my church in Australia, I knew dance was a higher calling. I did a simple worship dance. After the piece ended, people were tearing and one lady came up to me and said " I felt God's presence as you danced."

When I dance, I feel a deeper connection with my creator and I just forget about all the inhibitions within me. When I move, I know I have found my purpose and calling. And I know He can use me to reach out, touch lives and change hearts when I dance for Him.

I'm moving for Him.




2 comments: